DIR DBITS Program Overview
To review the DBITS Program Overview
The Texas Department of Information Resources (Texas DIR) offers Deliverables-Based IT Services (DBITS) as part of its Cooperative Contracts Program to state and local government, public education, and other public entities in Texas, as well as public entities outside the state.
CMA Consulting is an approved Texas DIR Cooperative Contracts DBITS vendor. Our DBITS contract may be reviewed directly on the DIR Cooperative Contract page for CMA Consulting Services.
The DBITS contract allows CMA Consulting Services to provide Texas DIR customers with services in the following categories:
- - Application Maintenance and Support
- - Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- - Technology Upgrade/Migration and Transformation
- - Application Development
Application Maintenance & Support
1) Definition: Application Maintenance and Support includes the skills and requirements for supporting application systems, including troubleshooting, modifying, maintaining and enhancing legacy systems. Application Maintenance and Support also applies to applications running in a production environment.
2) Examples of included services: research, analysis, design, programming, testing, documenting and implementing maintenance changes; correcting software errors; modifying reports and ensuring accurate report runs; making modifications to the applications and documentation; writing ad hoc queries; loading and applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery testing, planning and documentation. Services may need to be available 24/7 or on an on-call basis.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
1) Definition: ERP is an amalgamation of an organization’s information systems designed to automate and integrate a variety of functions, commonly referred to as “back office”, including financials, human resources and asset management. These systems are modularized and generally highly configurable.
2) Examples of included services: planning and assessment; requirements development; business process reengineering (BPR); implementation and conversion services; application programming and support services; database administration, system software administration and support; functional support; and training support.
Technology Upgrade/Migration & Transformation
1) Definition: Technology Upgrade/Migration may be required to increase business functionality, reengineer a business function, keep current with vendor upgrades or when upgrading existing technology. Technology Transformation may be accomplished by converting/migrating legacy applications to new technology either with or without new business functionality or it may include introducing new technology into the enterprise. Technology Upgrade/Migration may also include providing website content accessibility compliance.
2) Examples of included services: assessments of the current application portfolio, evaluation of the technology assets before beginning technology transformation and Business Case development for justification of an initiative. Also included are: technology transformations, which may include, appropriate Return on Investment (ROI), benchmarks and milestones. The following activities may also be included: planning, analysis, requirements development, proof of concept, deployment, implementation, integration, remediation, data migration, documentation, application programming and support services; and training support.
1) Definition: Application Development means the development of new applications which may be mainframe, server, net work-based, web-based or a combination. The requirements for new applications may require interfaces to existing applications.
2) Examples of included services: researching; analyzing; gathering requirements; designing; programming; testing; documenting and implementing; applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery planning and documentation.